Chapters 1 2 3 4 5 6
The beautiful Chinese man strode down the corridor toward the cells. Rage had twisted his lovely features into something almost gargoyle like. “How could this happen!” he barked at the terrified men scurrying in his wake. “Whoever allowed this to happen shall pay dearly!”
“Forgive us, Master!” wailed one of them miserably. “They came out of nowhere, and there were too many of them! We were overwhelmed by numbers!”
Fei Long, head of a powerful Chinese tong organization, snarled silently as he swept up to the now open door of the cell. The little room was empty, its single occupant gone with the team of Japanese commandos who had broken into his compound with the specific purpose of rescuing Takaba Akihito. Asami had taken back what was his - without bothering to show his face in China. Fury churned in his breast and stomach. His men backed away from the demonic expression on Fei Long’s face. “M-Master…there is a-a note…on the cot.” One of them wavered.
A straightening of the spine and tensing of the shoulders. Then Fei Long walked slowly into the empty cell and reached down to pick up the folded piece of paper lying on the cot. His long fingers slowly unfolded it. It was written in Chinese, but was in Asami’s strong, firm handwriting. It said:
Fei Long. I have resisted doing anything to you in the past because of our former relationship, and because of the circumstances of our parting. I have allowed you to try to interfere in my business, and I even overlooked what you did to Akihito when you took him the first time. But no more. You overstepped yourself when you took what was mine. I have now taken it back, and I will only say this to you - do not ever come near Akihito again for any reason. If you do, I will end you once and for all. Believe this.
His fingers crumpled the paper as a near manic rage rose up in Fei Long. Bastard! How he hated Asami Ryuichi! A snarl moved over his mouth. He would finally make the yakuza boss pay for what he’d done to Fei Long and his family. The gloves were coming off now. He turned, and the expression on his face made every one of the men huddled near the doorway back away from him. “Prepare the helicopter” the lovely man said in an emotionless voice. “I will be going to Japan within the hour.”
They all scurried away happily to follow his orders. Fei Long took a deep breath and smoothed a hand over his waist length hair. He had to get himself back under control. Otherwise he would not be able to make plans and carry out his vendetta against his enemy. He walked slowly out of the cell, and the only indication of the volcano going off inside of him was a very small tic at one corner of his mouth.
Asami Ryuichi looked down at the still figure draped over his lap. Akihito was still unconscious, which was perhaps just as well. The boy was bound to be traumatized by his kidnapping and subsequent treatment at Fei Long’s hands. While he had recovered well from the first incident, he doubted that his lover would be quite so resilient this time. He would take the photographer somewhere to recover in peace. He had a small house in the country that he seldom used. The quiet atmosphere would be good for the boy’s nerves. He ran his long fingers through the soft hair on his lap as Akihito whimpered softly in his drugged state.
Asami felt cold anger run through him at this sound. While he might be a sadist, what had been done to his lover infuriated him. Fei Long had tortured and hurt the young photographer simply to get back at HIM. For that he could not forgive the Chinese man. He’d always turned a blind eye to Fei Long’s machinations because what the other man had become was partly his fault. He acknowledged that fact. Moreover before this he’d still felt the dregs of liking for the lovely Chinese man in spite of the fact that Fei Long hated him passionately. It had saddened him a bit to see the obsessed, twisted creature that the Chinese man had morphed into. He could remember with clarity the gentle, rather artistic soul he’d glimpsed when he’d first met Fei Long, in spite of the fact that the man was a killer for his family’s tong. But that person was long gone, and the man who’d replaced him was nothing like the old Fei Long at all.
Asami reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out his cell phone as the car drove away from the small private airport. The men he’d hired to rescue Akihito had flown the boy in in a small plane that belonged to Asami. The yakuza boss had been waiting to collect on the tarmac to collect his lover. Now he dialed a number with a grim expression on his face. It was time to deal with Fei Long once and for all. He didn’t intend to kill the Chinese man, oh no - he intended to see that what went around came around in this case. He heard the phone ring, then it was picked up at the other end. A light, cool voice said: “Yes? What do you want?”
“This is Asami Ryuichi. I have another job for you, if you’re willing to take it on. I’ll give you all the particulars when I meet with you, and your fee will be the usual.”
A sigh. “I don’t know that I care” the voice replied. “I’m not in the mood.”
“I think you will be when I show you a photograph of your target and explain what I want done” Asami said calmly. “I think you’ll be interested then.”
- Silence. Then: “I suppose. I’ll meet you at the usual place. Tomorrow at two o’clock. Don’t keep me waiting.”
- “I’ll be there” Asami replied, hanging up the phone. He put it back in his pocket. He’d get Akihito settled in his country house before driving up to Tokyo tomorrow to meet with the man he’d just called. He gently petted the head in his lap again. He’d see the bounce returned to Akihito’s step and the wicked light in those bright eyes, or his name wasn’t Asami Ryuichi.
- Akihito awoke a few hours later. He sat straight up with a cry, only to see that he wasn’t in that tiny cell at Fei Long’s compound anymore. He was sitting up in a soft bed, and Asami was ensconced in a chair next to it. The yakuza boss had been reading some documents, but he put them down when he saw that his lover was awake. “Welcome back, Akihito-kun” he said quietly.
- “A-Asami? Where am I? What’s happening?” he looked around wildly.
- “You’re in my house. I own a small piece of land in the country where I come whenever I need a break from my business. I brought you here after the men I hired to bring you back from China delivered you to a private airport where I was waiting” Asami explained in an even, soothing tone of voice.
- “Oh” Akihito slumped in relief, for while he might have protested being in Asami’s ‘clutches’ before this, memories of his time in that cell were crowding into his head and making him shake. Only the presence of the powerful man sitting in the chair was helping to hold back the nervous breakdown at all.
- Seeing the trembling in the slim form, Asami rose to his feet. He walked to the bed and sat down on it, reaching out to pull Akihito into his arms. He said nothing, simply held the younger man as the photographer made small sounds in the back of his throat and clung to the yakuza boss helplessly. A hand stroked his hair, and after a moment he found himself relaxing as his trembling slowed. “Akihito-kun” Asami said at last. “You’ll be staying here for awhile to rest and recover. I’ll be here with you for as long as you need me - but I will have to go back to Tokyo tomorrow for a short time to attend to some business. And know this” he drew back and lifted Akihito’s pointed chin to look deep into his eyes - “I promise you that you will never have any trouble with Fei Long again. He will never come near you after this. You have my word.”
- The photographer stared at him. “Are you going to kill him?” he whispered, not sure if he wanted that or not despite what the lovely Chinese man had done to him.
- “No” Asami shook his head. “I am simply going to teach him a profound lesson - and one which I am sure will take” the yakuza boss said.
- “What are you going to do?” Akihito asked.
- A shake of the head. “No. I will not tell you that. You are far too soft-hearted” Asami replied simply. “You would sympathize with him in spite of all that he has done to you. Just know that the problem will be dealt with” he touched the younger man’s cheek. Then he leaned forward and kissed his lover, a mere brush of the lips that asked for nothing that he couldn’t give.
- It was Akihito who deepened the kiss, needing to be close to Asami. He moaned breathily as a tongue insinuated itself into his mouth, and pushed himself against the bigger man as he wound his arms around the yakuza boss’s neck. But after a moment Asami drew away. “You need comfort right now” he said to Akihito’s questioning look, “And you would find it through sex. But I don’t think that you’re quite ready for that yet psychologically” his fingers stroked the photographer’s cheek again. “You’ll know when you are and you’ll tell me” he said simply. “Until then, just rest. Are you hungry? Thirsty? Do you need to use the bathroom?”
- Akihito found that he was all three of those things. The yakuza boss went to summon a servant and have food and something to drink brought to Akihito’s room, then helped his lover out of the bed and to the tiny bathroom. Akihito limped and moaned, and Asami’s mouth tightened into a grim line when he saw the bruises and cuts mottling the younger man’s body. He would have a doctor come and look at his lover tomorrow. It hurt Akihito to pee, and he moaned softly at the pain. Asami held him up until he was finished, then half carried him back to bed. He settled Akihito in under the covers as a servant came in with a tray of food, some orange juice and water, and a bottle of strong painkillers that Asami had ordered. The tray was set across Akihito’s lap and the servant left with a bow.
- “Eat, drink, and take a couple of those” Asami ordered his lover. He touched the bottle of painkillers lightly. “Don’t take them on an empty stomach, you’ll just end up throwing them back up.”
- Akihito began to eat, finding that he was starving. He hadn’t been fed much for the days he’d been in Fei Long’s captivity. He devoured the food down to the last scrap, watched by Asami in a satisfied manner. When he was done, he took two of the pills in the bottle. He settled back against his pillows wearily as the yakuza boss removed the tray and set it aside. The painkillers worked quickly; he was already starting to feel muzzy. His eyelids started to flicker shut as the pain disappeared. He sighed as hands eased him down onto the pillows again. “Sleep” Asami’s voice said. “I’ll see you when you wake up.”
- Asami left the house the next morning to drive to Tokyo. Akihito had woken up several times yesterday and today to be fed and tended to. But he continued to sleep a great deal. He was slumbering now as the yakuza boss got into the back of his car. He’d told Akihito the last time that he’d woken up that he would probably be out of the house when he woke up again, but that the servants would see to his needs. He’d kissed the younger man on the forehead before leaving the room. Now he relaxed back against the leather seat and attended to some important paperwork as his driver took him smoothly into the city to get some work done before he made his meeting today. His cell phone rang and he pulled it out. The man on the other end informed him that Fei Long had arrived in Tokyo late yesterday afternoon. He felt a certain amount of satisfaction at this bit of information. He’d known that the Chinese man couldn’t stay away, and wouldn’t be able to do as the note that Asami had had left for him said. He was simply too obsessed, too angry.
- He spent some time in his office at his club, and at one thirty left to go to the outdoor restaurant to make his rendezvous. When his car drove up, he saw a familiar figure sitting at one of the tables sipping from a bottle of water and looking supremely bored. Asami felt a certain amount of relief, since he hadn’t been totally sure that the other man would come to this meeting even though he’d said he would. It was hard to actually interest him. He walked across the sidewalk and greeted the other man. “Good afternoon” he said.
- “Hello, Asami-san” that light voice replied. “So why did you drag me out here today? This had better be good.”
- “It is” the yakuza boss replied as he took his seat across from the other man. “Here is your target” he said, producing a packet of photos and documents and handing it across the table. “His name is Fei Long, and he is the leader of a powerful and influential tong sect in China.”
- Slim hands opened the packet and pulled the photos out. A soft whistle. “Very pretty” the man noted. “So you want me to finish such an exquisite creature? A shame.”
- “No” Asami said with a shake of his head. “I do NOT want you to kill him. This job will be slightly different from those you normally do.”
- “Oh, so? Then just what is it that you want me to do?” there was curiosity in the light voice now.
- :Gotcha: Asami thought with an internal smile. He had the man’s attention now.
- “This is what I want you to do” he said, and began to speak. The other man listened attentively. When the yakuza boss was finished a soft, rather evil laugh echoed out from the other side of the table.
- “I see. Yes, I can do that” the other man said. “Hmm, it will be decidedly enjoyable in point of fact. I’ll go and see him tomorrow.”
- “You’re sure you can convince him?” Asami asked.
- A narrowing of eyes. “Who do you think you’re talking to?” that light voice replied silkily.
- “Very well. I will leave the execution of this to you.” Asami said.
- “Execution? A very nice choice of words” the light voice purred in amusement. “Leave it to me, Asami-san” a finger tapped the photo of Fei Long. “I shall make sure that your lesson is taught - and taught well.”
Go to Next Chapter